We seek to share the overwhelming love of Jesus in our church and out into our community and the wider world. This love calls people into a relationship with God. We are not an exclusive club but a welcoming community.
We seek, with God’s help, to be a supporting church where:
- The Christian life is lived out.
- The plain, exciting good news of the Gospel is shared and explained.
- Lives are changed.
- Those who are broken, for any reason, can find healing.
- Those caught up in the cares and pressures of this world can find freedom.
- People are not condemned.
- Those who fear can find peace.
- Those who doubt can find security.
- Those who are angry can find understanding.
- Those who are in despair can find new hope.
We call it the ‘Beauty for ashes exchange’.
Where everyone can receive practical, emotional and spiritual help whatever the cause of their need.
We seek to adopt the Acts 2 model of ‘fellowship’:
Acts 2:42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer….
The Church interpreted the Great Commission to mean that they were to continue Jesus’ evangelism and healing ministry. We seek to follow in His footsteps.
Our guiding Scripture, given when this church was first planted, is:
The Spirit of GOD, the Master, is on me because GOD anointed me.
He sent me to preach good news to the poor, heal the heartbroken, Announce freedom to all captives, pardon all prisoners. GOD sent me to announce the year of his grace– a celebration of God’s destruction of our enemies– and to comfort all who mourn, to care for the needs of all who mourn in Zion, give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes, Messages of joy instead of news of doom, a praising heart instead of a languid spirit. (The Message)
Rename them “Oaks of Righteousness” planted by GOD to display his glory. They’ll rebuild the old ruins, raise a new city out of the wreckage.